Views:93 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-11-08 Origin:Site
How Many Types of Valve Connection do You Know?
Sanitary valves can be used to control the flow of various types of fluids such as air, water, steam, various corrosive media, mud, oil, liquid metals, and radioactive media. In the previous article, we learned about the classification of valves and the various requirements of valves. Today we will understand the connection of the valves. Let's explore how the valves of different shapes and sizes are connected.
Butt weld connection
A connection that is directly welded to the pipeline.
There are many forms of valve connections, such as small valves that do not have to be removed; some non-metallic valves with socketed connections, and so on. Users should choose according to the corresponding circumstances.
This is a simple connection method and is often used for small valves. There are two cases:
1. Direct sealing: The internal and external threads directly seal. In order to ensure that the joints are not leaking, they are often filled with lead oil, wire hemp and polytetrafluoroethylene raw material tape; among them, the polytetrafluoroethylene raw material tape is widely used; this material has good corrosion resistance and excellent sealing effect. Good, easy to use and save.
2. Indirect sealing: the force of screwing is transmitted to the gasket between the two planes, so that the gasket acts as a seal.
This is the most used form of connection in the valve. According to the shape of the joint surface, it can be divided into the following types:
1. Smooth type: This is used for valves with low pressure.
2. Concave-convex: It has a high working pressure and can use medium and hard washers.
3. Grooving type: It can be used with a large plastic deformation, which is widely used in corrosive media and has a good sealing effect.
4. Trapezoidal trough type: It uses an oval metal ring as a gasket for valves with a working pressure of ≥64 kg/cm or a high temperature valve.
5. Lens type: The washer is a lens shape and is made of metal. For high pressure valves with working pressure ≥100 kg/cm 2 or high temperature valves.
6. O-ring type: This is a newer form of flange connection, which developed with the appearance of various rubber O-rings, and it is in a sealed connection form.