Views: 92 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-01-14 Origin: Site
This will be the most comprehensive article on how to choose different types of check valves, I hope it will help you to some extent when purchasing check valves.
1. In order to prevent the medium from flowing backward, check valves should be installed on the equipment, devices and pipelines;
2. The check valve is generally suitable for clean media, and should not be used for media containing solid particles and large viscosity;
3. Generally, horizontal lifting check valves should be used on horizontal pipes with a nominal diameter of 50mm;
4. Straight-through lifting check valve can only be installed in horizontal pipelines;
5. For the inlet pipe of the sanitary pump, a check valve should be used. The check valve is generally only installed on the vertical pipe of the pump inlet, and the medium flows from bottom to top;
7. The installation position of the swing check valve is not limited. It can be installed on horizontal, vertical or inclined pipelines. If it is installed on vertical pipelines, the medium flows from bottom to top.
8. The swing check valve should not be made into a small diameter valve, it can be made for high working pressure, the nominal pressure can reach 42MPa, and the maximum nominal diameter can reach more than 2000mm. Depending on the material of the housing and seal, it can be used for any working medium and any working temperature range.
9. Swing check valve is suitable for low pressure and large caliber, and its installation is limited;
10. The installation position of the butterfly check valve is not limited. It can be installed on horizontal pipelines or on vertical or inclined pipelines.
11. Diaphragm check valve is suitable for pipelines that are prone to water hammer. The diaphragm can well eliminate the water hammer that occurs when the medium is backflowing. It is generally used on low pressure and normal temperature pipelines, especially for tap water pipelines.
12. The ball check valve is suitable for medium and low pressure pipelines, and can be made into large diameter;
13. The housing material of the ball check valve can be made of stainless steel, and the hollow sphere of the seal can be wrapped with PTFE engineering plastic, so it can also be applied to the pipeline of general corrosive media
14. The corresponding size of the check valve should be determined. The valve supplier must provide the data of the selected size so that the valve size can be found when the valve is fully open at a given flow rate;
15. For high and medium pressure check valves below DN50mm, use vertical lift check valves and straight-through lift check valves;
16. For low-pressure check valves below DN50mm, butterfly check valves, vertical check valves and diaphragm check valves are selected;
17. For high and medium pressure check valves with DN greater than 50mm and less than 600mm, use swing check valves;
18. For medium and low pressure check valves with DN greater than 200mm and less than 1200mm, non-wearing ball check valves are used;
19. For low pressure check valves with DN greater than 50mm and less than 2000mm, butterfly check valves and diaphragm check valves are selected;
20. For pipelines requiring relatively small or no water impact when closed, slow-closing swing check valves and slow-closing butterfly check valves should be used.
If you encounter any problems in selecting and using check valves, please freely consult our valve experts,look forward to your inquiry.